About the Journal
Journal of Bionic Memory is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed and open access journal that publishes original research articles, review articles, cases and brief reports of clinical and experimental scientific on "artificial body parts and implants developed to interface with living tissues" and their "memories".
Some of the modern implantable products that continue to emerge as achievements of current state-of-the-art technology are in clinical use or are still in research, e.g., Brain to Machine Interface, Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aids, Insulin Pumps, Vagus Nerve Stimulation, Artificial Heart, Diaphragm Stimulator, Artificial Arm, Artificial Leg, Artificial Knee, Artificial Foot, Artificial Skin, Bladder Stimulator, Drug Delivery, Spinal Fusion Hardware, Heart Pacemaker and Defibrillator, Breast Implants, Traumatic Fracture Repair, Bionic Eye, Deep Brain Stimulation , RFID Tag, and Bionic Hand.
Journal of Bionic Memory deals with clinical and experimental studies in the areas listed below:
- Electronic chips that are studied on "Memories" to create bionic organs and tissues.
- Artificial intelligence that can replicate the development of the human brain and its studies that can solve clinical problems
- Studies inspired by new techniques such as optogenetics. [Optogenetics involves using light to control cells in living tissue, typically nerve cells (neurons)].
- Research into being able to replicate neural behavior on an electronic chip to better understand how the brain is affected by disorders that disrupt neural connections such as Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia.
- Studies on computer models that can simulate brain functions and abnormalities.
- Studies on wearable electronics, bionic prostheses or artificial intelligence powered smart devices.
- Innovative research into the development of bionic devices such as technological implants that will interface with living tissues (artificial retinas and retinal implants)
- Experimental studies on the bionic implications of "pattern recognition", which is an important element in human action.
- "Neural implants" used for deep brain stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation and mind controlled prostheses.
- Clinical, laboratory and experimental studies on "Neural implants" used to treat disease, rehabilitate the body after injury, improve memory, communicate with prosthetic limbs, and more.
- Research on the patterns in which healthy neural circuits communicate.
- Clinical and laboratory studies of deep brain stimulation (DBS) used in conditions such as Parkinson's disease, dystonia, tinnitus, epilepsy, obsessive-compulsive disorder and neuropathic pain.
- Studies investigating the place of DBS in the treatment of Tourette’s syndrome and psychiatric depression.
- Neural implants- the stimulation of the spinal cord, also known as epidural stimulation.
- Neuromodulation studies for mind-controlled prostheses to enable amputees to control their robotic hands, arms, and legs using their thoughts.
- Tumor targeting biopsies.
- Skin-integrated electronics for intelligent sensing (Skin-integrated electronics are a novel type of wearable devices that are mounted on the skin for physiological signal sensing and healthcare monitoring).
- Nano memory cell.
Open Access statement
Journal of Bionic Memory is an open access journal and all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Copyright and License to Publish
Journal articles are published under the CC BY license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ ). Authors retain the copyright and full publishing rights without restrictions and agree to make their original works completely available and free to use, copy and/or redistribute in all formats without permission, as long as the authors and the original source are properly cited.
Peer Review Policy-Process
- New submission via online system
- Cover letter, author and co-author details, manuscript and separate files
Pre- Quality Associate Editorial Assessment
- Plagiarism check
- Qualification in the English language editing
- Ensuring that the manuscript adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines (Journal of Bionic Memory Submission and Publication Checklist)
- Sent back to author for approval of edits
- Double-blind peer review undertaken by experts in the field
- When the manuscript is received from peer reviewer there will be one of the following outcome: 1) accepted manuscript without revisions, 2) invite authors to resubmit the manuscript after minor or major changes while the final decision is kept pending, 3) or reject the manuscript.
- Revision made by authors on the basis of reviewer recommendations (revisions must be highlighted and accompanied by a letter in response to each comment by the reviewers)
- In case of revisions, the revised article will be send to the reviewers who will decide on a new recommendation for revision, acceptance or rejection.
- Professional checking for the composition and organization (formatting) of the paper against the journal guidelines
- Reference styling and proof corrections
- Author’s confirmation of the final edited manuscript before publication
- In this version, corrections to PDF evidence should be limited to posting errors only, and no significant additions / deletions should be made
- Accepted article is sent for generating the galley proof
- Online publication of the manuscript
"Journal of Bionic Memory" website do not accept advertising in the form of banners or advertorials. Therefore, this web site does not host or receive funding from ads or from the display of commercial content.
Full Title: Journal of Bionic Memory
Journal Title Abbreviation: J Bionic Mem
General Category: Medicine, bionic or artificial body parts and implants, artificial intelligence, research & experimental
DOI Prefix: 10.53545/
Publication Date: Volume. 1, Issue 1 (2021)-
Publisher: Prof. Dr. Hulya Ozturk
Frequency: 3 issues/year
Journal Access: Open Access
Creative Commons License: CC BY
Published Language: English
Articles Format: PDF
Journal Homepage URL: